Treat You Feet: Using Relic Epsom Salt for Feet
by Ashley Frost
Imagine soft ocean waves caressing your feet on the sandy shore--the feel of the sand eases between your toes as you step towards relaxation and away from the world’s cares. Relic Epsom Salt bath blends can bring this kind of natural healing paradise to the comfort of your home.
You deserve to feel pampered from your head all the way down to your toes. Relic’s Epsom salt bath blends are a natural way to promote healing and relaxation not only when you want it, but where you need it. You can have targeted relief by using an Epsom salt foot soak instead of a full Epsom salt bath. Epsom salt bath benefits are well-known, but we understand that you may not have the time or energy to soak your entire body every day. When you want to feel grounded, or you’ve been on your feet all day and need a break, try using Relic’s Epsom salt bath blends in a foot soak.
The Benefits of an Epsom Salt Foot Soak
Epsom salt has been used for its medicinal and cleansing properties for hundreds of years. Why? Because it works. There are many benefits from using an Epsom salt foot soak including pain relief. Just soaking your body in an Epsom salt bath for at least 12 minutes can immediately alleviate dull aches and pains. That means you can use Epsom salt for mild foot pain, such as tenderness from overuse, sore muscles from a hard run, or achiness from ill-fitting shoes.
Our feet naturally can swell at the end of each day. Instead of working through the discomfort, try soaking your feet in Epsom salt to relieve the swelling. Relic’s Epsom salt bath blends are also anti-microbial, which means they can help fight infections. Some healthcare providers even recommend using an Epsom salt foot soak as a home remedy for some foot infections.
How Much Relic Epsom Salt Should I Use for a Foot Soak?
Relic’s single-bath packets are convenient for your sumptuous bath as well as your foot soak. There’s no complicated Epsom salt foot soak recipe, and you don’t need to wonder how much Epsom salt you need for a foot soak. Instead of pouring the entire contents of Relic’s pre-measured package into the water like you would for a bath, simply use about ¼ of the package for each foot soak. Soak your feet for 12-15 minutes in warm water. As a word of caution, the water should never exceed 104 °F since this can actually increase inflammation in your feet. Consult your healthcare provider about using Epsom salt in your foot soak before use.
Why Should I use Relic’s Epsom Salt for a Foot Soak?
There are four different Relic Epsom Salt bath blends, each with revitalizing ingredients to help you take care of your body. While each have different qualities and benefits, you can’t go wrong with including any of the four blends in your self-care routine.
- Relic Epsom Salt is pure, natural, and unscented. This is the perfect foundation if you’ve never practiced self-care, and your feet will thank you. You’ll feel your aches and pains melt away with each soak.
- Relic Epsom Salt with Ancient Mineral Salt takes the remnants of an ancient sea and infuses it into your foot soak. Ancient mineral salt can reduce inflammation, helping to heal your sore feet. This is the perfect blend if you’ve ever wanted to try the popular table salt foot soak. However, Relic’s Ancient Mineral Salt contains 60 vital minerals to replenish and nourish your body.
- Relic Epsom Salt with Ancient Mineral Salt and Coconut Oil is the quintessential skincare bath blend. Designed to promote luxuriously soft skin, this is the perfect blend for calloused feet in need of some pampering. The Epsom salt and Ancient Mineral Salt acts as an exfoliant, while the Coconut Oil softens and moisturizes the skin, leaving you with a noticeably smooth finish.
- Relic Epsom Salt with Ancient Mineral Salt and Tocotrienols is a powerful solution to aid in detoxification. While research studies have shown mixed evidence for detoxification, Tocotrienols are powerful antioxidants that can aid in the body’s function and appearance. Tocotrienols fight free radicals which can cause skin damage. Dip your feet in the fountain of youth with this bath blend.
When should I use a Relic foot soak?
The answer to this one is simple: whenever you feel like you need it. However, we have some ideas of how to include a Relic foot soak in your routine in case you need some inspiration:
- During a spa night. Treat yourself to a spa night and let yourself unwind from your stresses. Use our free Ultimate Relic Home Spa Guide for an unforgettable evening of relaxation.
- Giving yourself a pedicure. Using an Epsom Salt foot soak sets the stage for the best pedicure you’ve ever had.
- Reading a book or watching a movie. Let your body heal while you enjoy your favorite entertainment. Set a timer so you remember how long your feet have been soaking.
- During meditation. Meditation has proven results for relieving stress and anxiety. Pour yourself a foot soak, and use our meditation guide to help you decompress.
- After working out. Your feet support and sustain you all day, especially during a tough workout. Give your feet the love and care they deserve after you get back from the gym.
Our salts and mineral blends help heal, soothe, repair, and revitalize the body. Our bath salts are 100% bath grade, made in the USA, anti-microbial, and contain vital minerals that will help replenish and nourish your body.
Soak it in.